What you will need to start the application (read carefully)
Before you start your application process, make sure you have the following resources available, to be able to complete your online application successfully. The application can only be completed in one sitting and takes approximately between 10-15 min. to complete. Please refrain from starting the application process until you have all of the following:
- Digitalized (scanned) PDF files of your High School transcripts (only the last 4 years). If you’re currently on your senior year of high school, you may submit partial transcripts showing your current progress. If you attended different schools, you must list each school separately in the application form and submit a corresponding transcript file. If the original transcripts are issued in a language other than English, they must be accompanied by an official English translation. Scanned copies of high school transcripts and translations are required to complete this application. Files must not exceed 3MB in size.
- Digitalized (scanned) PDF files of transcripts from any post-secondary institution you’ve attended (community college, other universities, etc). Scanned copies of official University/college transcripts are required if the student has already started their academic career. Official course-by-course evaluation of all academic records from each non-U.S. college and/or university attended are required. We recommend using any of the evaluating agencies listed in www.naces.org/members. All original transcripts and evaluations must be submitted to the admission and records office before the semester starts. Files must not exceed 3MB in size.
- Digitalized (scanned) PDF files of score results from standardized tests such as SAT or ACT. In addition, international students (non-U.S. citizens) need to provide an English Language Proficiency exam. Any of these would satisfy this requirement:
- Internet based TOEFL (IBTOEFL): 80
- Paper based TOEFL (TOEFL): 550
- Duolingo: 120
- International English Language Testing System (Academic IELTS): 6.5
- Cambridge C1 Advanced Level or C2 Proficiency: 180
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 55
- Michigan Language Assessment (MLA): 55
- FSU CIES: Successful completion of Level 8
An English Language Proficiency exam scores are required to start at FSU-Panama, but they don’t need to be submitted with this application. Applicants who have taken the IBT need to send their scores directly to FSU (code 5203). All other exams should be sent directly to Florida State University Admissions office through the testing platform and a PDF score report should be added. Applicants who have taken either the SAT or ACT at the time of their application must request their test scores to be sent directly to FSU (SAT code is 5219 and ACT is 0734). Applicants who have not taken the SAT or ACT at the time of their application may enroll at FSU-Panama but must take either one of these exams during their first or second semester of enrollment. All Files must not exceed 3MB in size.
- An FSU EMPLID (REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS). The FSU EMPLID is a number assigned to every prospective student by the admissions office at the main campus, and it’s used later on to activate your FSUID, which you will use to access all FSU online services and more.
- A USD $100.00 application fee. At the end of the application process, you will be presented with the different payment options available.
Spring 2024: December 5th, 2023
Summer 2024: April 19th, 2024
Fall 2024: July 19th, 2024
Create your EMPLID
Follow the instructions in the following dialog to get your Student Identification Number (EMPLID). Please read the procedure carefully.