This seminar will provide the participants skillful advice with a simplified step-by-step process of possibly landing a job. It is aimed mainly at students with none or very little experience in applying for a job.
Landing your ﬁrst job is an arduous task. Most students applying for their ﬁrst job think that the only thing they are required to do is prepare a resume. This is one of the biggest misconceptions they have. Realistically, it is not possible to land a job armed with only a resume in hand. There are things that students need to educate themselves about before they embark upon this important phase of their lives. This seminar will provide the participants skillful advice with a simpliﬁed step-by-step process of possibly landing a job.
This seminar will cover issues like
- Preparing for employment by identifying your interests, evaluating your assets, and selecting leads.
- Recognizing the changing nature of job market- Gen Z workplace expectations and reality.
- Composing a persuasive a job application letter also known as the cover letter that highlights your talent to beat the competition.
- Composing and formatting a resume- a summary of your accomplishments tailored to the job, which can land you the ﬁrst interview.
- Conducting yourself appropriately during an employment interview.
- Sending post-interview correspondence, which is about completing the communication tasks needed after the interview
As a bonus, participants will get a list of tried and tested webpage links that will serve for follow-up self-education.
Time & Date:
Friday, April 26, 2019 – 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Florida State University Campus – Rep. of Panama Campus
Duration: 4 hours
Pushpa Mirchandani, M.A.
Mrs. Mirchandani, a native of Singapore, graduated with honors from both Notre Dame of Maryland University and Florida State University. She has been educating professional adults at the FSU English Language Program (ELP) since 2004, and the FSU Undergraduate Program in various writing courses since 2016.
Regular Price – $75
FSU Students (from FSU Academic Program) – $50
These costs include didactic material, coffee break and certificate of participation.
We accept payments with Visa and MasterCard credit cards, CLAVE debit cards, and ACH. Checks must be made in favor of: Fundación Florida State University Panama. The R.U.C. of Florida State University Panama Foundation is: 440412-1-19243 DV90. For more information about payments please call (507) 317-0367.Request more information
|For more information contact us at
+507 317-0367 (Attention to: Anubis Espino email@example.com)
- COVID-19 UPDATES
- ABOUT US
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Diplomado Online en Project Management (Julio a Octubre 2020)
- Seminarios y Talleres
- Gestión del Cambio
- Certificación Lean 6Sigma Yellow Belt
- Introducción a Transformación Digital
- Curso de Introducción a Análisis de Datos Microsoft® Power BI® con Excel®
- Taller Online: Liderazgo de equipos con Total SDI®
- Construye tu Estrategia Personal con LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®
- Employment Preparation
- Business Writing Essentials
- Negociaciones Efectivas
- Taller Online de preparación para el examen PMP®
- Actualidad internacional: Ideas para entender mejor el mundo actual
- LEARN ENGLISH
- FSU ENGLISH
- HOMEPAGE with 3 buttons
- Contact us
- Please send your donation to:
- Tuition Discount
- HOMEPAGE with 4 buttons