Get the necessary tools to get started oﬀ in the right track with this simpliﬁed seminar for professionals who are are eager to update their skills and have some training in business writing.
Business writing is a basic skill that most employers expect when they hire bilingual professionals. Yet many professionals struggle with understanding how to communicate their ideas in English because they are not aware of the essentials in composing their ideas in writing.
To meet this gap, we have put together a simpliﬁed seminar for professionals who are already functioning in the work environment or are eager to update their skills to be able to say that they have some training in business writing.
This seminar will give you the necessary tools to get started oﬀ in the right track.
This seminar will cover issues like
- The basics of communication in English- what are the diﬀerences in written versus spoken messages, how do communication networks work, what are the barriers to communication and what are the most important rules in business writing.
- Email messages- How to improve clarity and professionalism when communicating online. Developing the correct etiquette in understanding important do’s and don’ts when sending messages.
- Conveying good news messages versus bad news messages- How to format your ideas to maintain goodwill and courtesy of your organization and build future relations.
- Social business letters- these letters are the heart of an organization because they convey the importance of sincere caring beyond promoting business. When, why and how they are written will be covered.
- Composing and formatting a resume and cover letter- no other document is as important as preparing a good resume and cover letter to land you the ﬁrst interview and get the needed attention.
- Post-interview correspondence- this is just as important as the resume and cover letter that got you the interview in the ﬁrst place.
As a bonus, participants will get a list of tried and tested webpages links that will serve for many more years beyond seminar learning.
Time & Date:
Saturday, April 27, 2019 – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Florida State University Campus – Rep. of Panama Campus
Duration: 8 hours
Pushpa Mirchandani, M.A.
Mrs. Mirchandani, a native of Singapore, graduated with honors from both Notre Dame of Maryland University and Florida State University. She has been educating professional adults at the FSU English Language Program (ELP) since 2004, and the FSU Undergraduate Program in various writing courses since 2016.
Regular Price – $ 250
Associated with the City of Knowledge, members of AmCham, PMI, IESA – $ 225
ELP students and alumni (FSU English Program) – $ 225
Students and alumni of FSU (FSU Academic Program) – $ 200
These costs include didactic material, coffee breaks, lunch and certificate of participation.
We accept payments with Visa and MasterCard credit cards, CLAVE debit cards, and ACH. Checks must be made in favor of: Fundación Florida State University Panama. The R.U.C. of Florida State University Panama Foundation is: 440412-1-19243 DV90. For more information about payments please call (507) 317-0367.Request more information
|For more information contact us at
+507 317-0367 (Attention to: Anubis Espino email@example.com)
- ABOUT US
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Diplomado en Project Management (Marzo a Junio 2020)
- Seminarios y Talleres
- Protección de datos: nueva normativa
- Certificación Lean 6Sigma Yellow Belt
- Introducción a Transformación Digital
- Panamá 2019: actualidad política y perspectivas electorales
- Curso de Introducción a Análisis de Datos Microsoft® Power BI® con Excel®
- Taller de Liderazgo de equipos con Total SDI®
- Construye tu Estrategia Personal con LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®
- Employment Preparation
- Business Writing Essentials
- Negociaciones Efectivas
- Taller de preparación para el examen PMP®
- Actualidad internacional: Ideas para entender mejor el mundo actual
- LEARN ENGLISH