Download our informational brochure Asista a la Presentación Informativa del 17 de Marzo, 2020
The Master of Science in International Affairs at the FSU campus in the Republic of Panama is an interdepartmental graduate program offering globally-oriented professionals the opportunity to acquire an understanding of increasingly complex issues that transcend national boundaries.
At FSU Panama, courses are selected from the participating departments of Geography, History, Political Science, Religion, and the School of Public Administration and Policy. The program is structured so that it can be individually tailored to a wide variety of career goals, but overall the main emphasis is to integrate one’s preparation in any one of the traditional disciplines with an international, interdisciplinary emphasis. The Master’s degree in International Affairs is designed to enable students to pursue successful careers in government service, business, international institutions and non-governmental organizations.
The Master of Science in International Affairs at the FSU campus in the Republic of Panama is a 31 semester-hour graduate program that can be completed in 5 semesters of enrollment. Specific requirements are listed below.
- INR5938 Joint Seminar in International Affairs, 3 credits. A core course for all majors in the program and serves as an introduction to references and research tools in international relations; disciplinary and interdisciplinary approaches and basic concepts in the field;
- INR5935 Special Topics (International Affairs Colloquium), 1 credit, repeatable, which deals with contemporary problems and issues in international affairs;
- INR5012 Problems of Globalism, 3 credits. This is a core course for all international affairs graduate students providing background for a theoretical and practical understanding of globalization and the international organizations that are significant actors in this process;
- At least 9, but no more than 18 semester hours in one of the participating departments (see areas of concentration);
- Course work in at least three of the participating departments: Geography, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Religion;
- At least six hours focusing on the developing or post-communist world (i.e., outside of the United States, Canada, Western Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand); and
- Written master’s comprehensive examination. The exam must be completed within 7 years after completing the coursework.
- Satisfactory performance on the Graduate Reading Knowledge Examinations (GER 5069, ITA 5069, POR 5069, RUS 5069, SPN 5069) or on the Graduate School Foreign Language Tests of the Educational Testing Service;
- Certification by the appropriate language department;
- Completion of twelve semester hours in a foreign language with an average grade of at least 3.0 (B);
- Or four years of a single language in high school.
Tuition and fees for the Master in International Affairs
|31 semester hours @ $ 400.00 per credit hour||$12,400|
|Application fee (first semester only)||$100|
|FSU ID ($5.00 per semester) for 5 semesters||$25|
|Technology/Recreation fee ($100 per semester) for 5 semesters||$500|
|Insurance ($8 per semester) for 5 semesters||$40|
Solicite más información