Our “2+2 Scholarship” program allows students from FSU-Panama to complete their undergraduate studies at our main campus in Tallahassee paying in-state tuition, by meeting the following criteria:
1. To be a citizen or permanent resident of a Latin American country
2. Having been admitted as a regular student at FSU
3. Complete a minimum of 60 credit hours at FSU-Panama
4. Maintain a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 (out of 4.0)
5. Complete the “Liberal Studies Requirements”*
* The “Liberal Studies Requirements” consist on thirty six credit hours in 5 areas of studies, intended to give students essential competencies and to introduce them to broad areas of knowledge which give a perspective on the qualities, accomplishments, and aspirations of human beings, the past and present civilizations they have created, and the natural and technological world they inhabit. Students are required to complete a minimum of six semester hours of mathematics and six semester hours of English composition, six to twelve semester hours in social science/history, five to eleven semester hours in humanities/fine arts, and seven semester hours in natural science (one course must be accompanied by a scheduled laboratory) for a total of thirty-six semester hours.
Estimated Costs (2 semesters, 15 hours per semester)
* Provides students with 15 meals per week.
** Students who currently have health insurance may show proof of comparable coverage and may not be required to purchase the University policy.